Fort Vancouver Columbia River
View east up the Columbia River in 1854 (G. Sohon, US Pacific Railroad Surveys and Exploration, p. XLIV) showing St. James Catholic church and orchard (center), the US. Army’s Camp Vancouver (left), and the Hudson Bay Company’s Fort Vancouver (right). The later view is of the US Army Fort Vancouver barracks, taken in the 1930s (from Internet, source unknown). A current view is required, and could be taken from the second or third floor of a building near Interstate 5.