Thompson Falls

 Thompson Falls, Montana in 1884 (F. Jay Haynes, Montana Historical Society H-1378) and in 2014 (CW-2014-05-24-1922). David Thompson ascended the Clark Fork River in the October of 1809 to establish Saleesh House about 1/2 mile upstream of the falls near a prairie that provided forage for the many horses owned by the Pend Orielle, Flathead and other peoples trading at the post.

 

Loading
Center map
Traffic
Bicycling
Transit